I went to see Annie tonight and walked in to an empty crib. That's not a cool feeling. I asked the nurse where she was and apparently she had a little swelling on one of her IV sites and they had to change where it was located. When they brought her back, it looked like she was sincerely stressed out. She had a little bit of blood on her head; they had tried to find a good place for her IV and tried her head, but ended up putting it on the underside of her left arm. She was really fussy and upset. The nurse wrapped her up and let me hold her for a little while. She had her eyes wide open looking at me. I talked to her and told her it was okay, but she would not relax and go to sleep. I guess she liked the comfort of knowing I was there. So, I held for a while and slowly but surely she relaxed and finally starting falling asleep. Closing both eyes, then one eye, then both, she was defiitely fighting sleep. I rubbed her forehead and her cheeks and she fell into what seemed to be a nice, deep sleep. She didn't even get startled or upset when I put her back in her crib and the nurse took her temperature to start the 2nd blood transfusion. Prayers for Annie. Tomorrow, she is being looked at by a neurologist/developmental doctor. I don't know exactly what he/she is going to do. If she had been home we would have done this as an outpatient, so it's a pretty standard thing.
Love,
Andrea
**Update 11:30 p.m.**
Annie's transfusion went well. They will check her hematocrit level in 4 hours.
4.07.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment