Mommy came a little later to see me today, because tonight Mommy and Daddy have Infant CPR. Dr. De Guzman let Mommy know that I am on 7 out of 8 feedings that are bottles. Only one more to go. I did really well with the breastfeeding today. I actually drank for a while and when Juanita lifted me up to see if I had a little burp, I let out a nice big one! YAY! Tomorrow they are going to weigh me before my nutritive breastfeed to see how much I get. Originally they were going to do this next Monday, but since I did so well, they are going to try tomorrow.
They also went ahead and scheduled my head ultrasound to check if the Grade 1 brain bleed is gone. They are doing that tomorrow. Please pray for me!
My daddy showed up last night after Mommy fed me my bottle at the 5 o'clock feeding. They held me until they had to go to CPR at 6 o'clock. After it was over, they came back. Daddy said bye bye and gave me a kissy and Mommy stayed to feed me again at 8 o'clock. I did a great job.
11 a.m. - I finished in 10 minutes.
2 p.m. - I finished in about 10 or 15 minutes.
5 p.m. - I finished in 10 minutes.
8 p.m. - I finished in 8 or 9 minutes! WOW!
11 p.m. - I finished in 9 minutes.
2 a.m. - I finished in 15 minutes.
5 a.m. - I finished in about 10 minutes.
I only gave Mommy a weak burp at the 8 o'clock, so she held me for a good 20 minutes to make sure that I was completely satisfied and had no need for a burp. My nurse, Marissa, said that she would weigh me at my next bottlefeed at 11 p.m. Mommy left and said she'd try to call before her and Daddy went to sleep. It seems like I'm almost there. OT changed my bottlefeed with them from 11 am to 8 am since there are a lot of babies that get fed at 11 am and mommy is coming to do breastfeeding. After 8 am, hopefully the doctor will change me to 8/8 bottles and I won't have to get an NG (tube) feeding today!
Love ya,
Annie
4.03.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment