Annie has been doing really well on her CPAP. She has been a little irritable which has caused her blood pressure to be a little elevated, but our nurse said it's nothing to worry about. They had to put a tube in her mouth because with the CPAP sometimes gas bubbles are sent to her tummy and they want to make sure she doesn't get a bunch of air in there.
Her nurse over night was named Chris. He was really nice and seemed super knowledgable. He said they were going to put in the PICC line more than likely overnight and that if she did well on it they were going to be taking the IV's out of her belly button after that. Well we called again this morning, PICC line was in and they had taken one line out and were working on the other.
I don't know how long they wait after that, but that is the criteria for John and I to be able to hold her and start kangaroo care for the first time! Kangaroo care is where we get to hold her against our bare chests. It's reserved specifically for mommies and daddies and we are so excited.
2.21.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am praying this happens soon, as I know you will be very excited. I know it was hard for you to leave last night, but you know your girl is in good hands. First, God's hands and second a competent staff. I will continue to pray for her and you two.
ReplyDeleteAunt Elaine
That is wonderful news! I hope it isn't much longer before y'all get to hold her and love on her. I can only imagine how awesome that will be for y'all. We continue to keep Angelina in our prayers.
ReplyDelete