3.17.2009

I Can See Clearly Now the Rain is Gone


Today Annie did really well with the bottle. She finished her 26 mL in 25 minutes. I held her for about an hour and a half or so after she was done and I saw my first alligator tears. I moved her an inch and her face crinkled up and she started to look like she was about to cry, so I put her back in the position she was in before. All of a sudden she stopped crying. I figured maybe it was me, so I waited a few minutes and this time slowly started to move her away so I could switch to my other arm. She did it AGAIN! So I moved her back and she stopped. All I could do was start laughing! It was hilarious. A month old and only 3 lbs and already running the show. Oh my goodness.

Also, while I was holding her afterwards, she left me a huge present. She grunted and then I heard it....and WHEW, then I SMELLED it. P-U! When I had gotten there before the feeding, our nurse, Benji, told me he was about to assess her and asked if I wanted to change her diaper. For this one, we put her up in the isolette and he saw how dirty her diaper was and said, "Let me get you a couple of warm wipes." HA! Seriously, the diaper on the outside no longer looked white; it was a different color. After the diaper change, she was knocked out!

She also had her ROP (retinopathy of prematurity) exam. Good news is that Annie does not have ROP. They will have to recheck her eyes in 2 weeks to check again because her blood vessels in her eyes are not completely mature. These are some of the last things to develop in a baby and are barely mature when a full-term baby is born, so this is pretty normal.

Thanks for your prayers!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment