3.09.2009

Happy 3 Week Birthday, Annie!

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks and we are already in Level 2. I continually tell the doctors and nurses as well as my OB that we are truly very blessed.

Today, I was able to hold Annie for about an hour and a half. She was doing so well. She was in her favorite position and had great O2 saturation the whole time. We were lovin' every minute of it.

I also got some EXCELLENT news from Dr. Deville (she was the doctor that was in Annie's delivery 3 weeks ago!)

::Drum roll please::

Annie is going to try to bottlefeed THIS week. Dr. Deville wrote the orders this morning! She also said that an occupational therapist would be calling me within the next couple of days to schedule a time when I can be there. The first time she tries to bottle feed I only get to watch, but I'm so excited. Also, Dr. Deville said for me to not be surprised if she tries and it doesn't workout and the OT will say, "Let's try it again next week." This is an extremely big step to getting her home! Please pray that Annie will be able to be successful. Thanks for all of the love and support.

Love,
Andrea

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!! My prayers will be that she takes to the bottle quickly and easily. Before you know it you'll be holding her all day long, and she will be SO spoiled!! LOL!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 3 weeks!! I hope she catches on to the bottle soon !

    ReplyDelete